Thursday, July 14, 2011

Keralan fish curry with dahl, cumin raita and fluffy basmati rice

Threw this together for dinner tonight, using the basa fish fillets from the freezer and also using up all the veggie leftovers along the way.




It was actually pretty tasty for my first attempt at a fish curry, I couldn't find the cardamom pods while it was in crucial cooking stages though so they only got thrown in at the end unfortunately. I even threw in the leftover cream from the dauphinoise we had on Sunday and it worked really well...

And served with a dollop of thick cumin greek style yoghurt raita on top...





Yummm, and I even ate the leftovers with the dahl and fish curry mixed together, baby peas fried into the rice, and a defrosted basa fillet panfried in salt, pepper and lemon.

Thrifty-licious rent week fuuuuüûd!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Chez bailz

No comments:

Post a Comment