Friday, August 5, 2011

The bondi social

Super super tired after nearly a month of getting up at 6am 6 days a week for work and drinking pretty much every night so just a quick post about the bondi social. We went down last night coz Dandelle had heard it was a good spot and I was expecting it to be a kicking bar but it's actually a restaurant and bar with a nice wine and cocktail list including a spicy coconut Thai cocktail but I didn't have the stomach (or the budget) to sample it last night so we just stuck to a bottle of NZ Pinot Gris and the most expensive bottle of San Pellegrino I've ever encountered ($8 - ridic or na?). Got the best table in the house,


right on the corner or the terrace, under a heater with a view of the whole of bondi beach only marred by those weird Xmas trees along by the road. It was loverly but unfortunately our waiter was an imp nymph gimp and the terrace closed at 11 so we ended up in bb's (ugh) and then the bondi rd hotel (ugh ugh). Ripped my amazing new tights, smoked 20 fags, drank way too much whisky and dry, had to take a taxi home coz it was almost 1.30am when I realised the time and I had to get up at 5.30am and drive to work.... Which i did, crosseyed and stuffing a crumpet into my face to soak up the booze incase i got breathalysed.... Oh well, all in a fri nights work.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Campbell parade, bondi

No comments:

Post a Comment